• Curricular Practical Training EE 5990 does not qualify toward Electrical Engineering graduate degree
• Curricular Practical Training should be taken SUMMER SEMESTER ONLY unless approved by both
your adviser and the Director of Graduate Studies (give your request to Linda Jagerson).
• Any international student wishing to do Curricular Practical Training to work off-campus, must register
for EE 5990. DO NOT register for Directed Studies, or Special Investigations.
• If you work off-campus, you must register for EE 5990 the semester you work off campus. DO NOT
delay your registration to another semester.
• Directed Study and Special Investigation classes do not qualify for working off-campus, only EE 5990
qualifies. This is a department rule.
• If you have any questions about curricular practical training with regard to department requirements,
please make an appointment with Linda Jagerson, by phone at 612-625-3564, or stop in during her