University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Home | ECE Support Home > System Requirements
The ECE Department requires that systems comply with all University policies and local policies to ensure that our network is safe and effective.
Wired network access requires:
- RHEL, Ubuntu LTS, or Windows 7
- Machine professionally installed by our staff
- Machine must meet patching, login, and domain control requirements, including SCCM client required (for Windows) or QAS software (for Linux)
- Machine must have approved anti-virus software in most cases
- Machine must exist on an appropriate network subnet behind an appropriate firewall
Individual circumstances will dictate how we connect and manage various departmental machines. Please contact one of our systems administrators or our Help Desk in 2-130 for more information.
The ECE Support team works to ensure the security and functionality
of ECE Department computer systems.
2-130 Keller Hall
200 Union ST SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Primary Support Line: 612-625-5013.