University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Home | ECE Support Home > Printers
The ECE Department offers a main office Toshiba Color printer/copier that you may use.
Here are the installation instructions, applicable for Windows 7:
- Download and extract one of the following ZIP files to an appropriate location:32 Bit Windows 7 Printer Driver; 64 Bit Windows 7 Printer Driver
- Go to your Control Panel and find "Devices and Printers"
- Click "Add Printer"
- Select "Add a local printer" (do not select "add a wireless/network/bluetooth printer")
- Select "Create a new port"
- After "Type of new port," select "Standard TCP/IP port"
- Click Next
- When prompted to type a Hostname or IP address, type "colorcopier.ece.umn.edu" without the quotes. Then click Next
- Select "Have Disk" when prompted to select the printer driver
- Navigate to the extracted files that you downloaded and extracted in step 1
- Select eS6cp6.inf and click "Open." You will need to choose the eS6cp2.inf file if you are running 32 Bit Windows.
- Click OK
- You should then see the driver "TOSHIBA e-STUDIO6530CSeries PS3" driver
- Click Next and wait for installation to complete. You may name the printer whatever you wish. You do not need to share the printer.
When you use this printer, you will need to enter a departmental code. The code is available from the Keller ECE Main Office, and you will be charged a standard rate for printing.
The ECE Support team works to ensure the security and functionality
of ECE Department computer systems.
2-130 Keller Hall
200 Union ST SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Primary Support Line: 612-625-5013.