Home | ECE Support Home > Remote Access
To connect to a Windows departmental computer from a Windows computer:
1. Connect to UofM Secure or use a VPN connection. VPN connection information is available at http://it.umn.edu/services/all/data-network/vpn/
2. Open Windows Remote Desktop
3. Type the IP or name of your computer. Contact email@example.com if you don't know it.
4. Click connect
5. When prompted to enter your Internet ID/X500, simply type firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the "@ad.umn.edu" without the quotes.
6. Contact email@example.com with questions.
We must add you to a professor's login group before Remote Desktop will work. Please contact us if you have issues so that we can verify this.
The ECE Support team works to ensure the security and functionality
of ECE Department computer systems.
2-130 Keller Hall
200 Union ST SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Primary Support Line: 612-625-5013.