The Mission of the Bachelor Degree in Computer Engineering (BCompE) is consistent with the Mission of the University of Minnesota in Teaching in Learning, and the Teaching Mission of the College of Science and Engineering: to provide rigorous and stimulating education in electrical engineering, to maintain international pre-eminence in creation and dissemination of knowledge, and to serve the private and public sectors through collective experience and expertise of faculty and students.
• Our graduates will excel in technical jobs with increasing responsibility and authority early in their careers.
• A significant fraction of our students will pursue graduate studies in the first several years following graduation
• Our recent graduates will hold their professional responsibilities in high regard, giving back to their communities and society.
• Our graduates will engage in life long learning.
Our Student Outcomes:
In the course of successfully completing the BCompE degree, our students will demonstrate the following outcomes:
• an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
• an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
• an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as
economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
• an ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
• an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
• an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
• an ability to communicate effectively
• the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic,
environmental, and societal context
• a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
• a knowledge of contemporary issues
• an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Undergraduate Enrollment and Degree Statistics
Enrollment and degree statistics provided by the College of Science and Engineering.