University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Welcome to UISPL Homepage
- The lab covers various aspects of imaging and therapy with ultrasound phased-array systems. The overall goal of is to develop an image-guided ultrasound phased-array system for noninvasive surgery. Under this umbrella, my students and I have worked on a number of novel approaches involving realtime 3-D imaging, noninvasive temperature imaging, and self-focusing array systems in the presence of strongly scattering objects.
- The lab investigates the use of dual-mode ultrasound array (DMUA) system for both image guidance and controlled release of a peptide functionalized thermo- sensitive liposome (TSL) with specific binding to target cells such as liver cancer cells as one example for the platform.
- Prof. John Bischof (Mechanical Engineering)
- Dr. Erik Cressman (Radiology),
- Dr. Dara Koozekanani (Ophthalmology)
- Dr. Efie Kokkoli (Chemical Engineering and Material Science)
- Raj Aravalli (Radiology)