Invited Talks: ECEDHA
Internet-based Short Courses
Offered 7 Internet-based Short Courses
Four DVDs with Short Courses:
- Power Systems, 2 disk Video DVD set containing the presentation made July 18-22, 2005
- Teaching Power Systems with an Integrated Software Laboratory, a lecture presented by Prof. Ned Mohan on April 28, 2006.
- Electric Drives, Short Course on Electric Drives: Understanding Basics to Advanced Control & Encoder-Less Operation. A recording of the internet-based short course presented on May 12, 2005, edited to fit on one Video DVD.
- Teaching Power Electronics, Short Course on Teaching Power Electronics to Undergraduates: Double the Breadth AND Depth. Video DVD recording of the internet-based short course presented on May 25-26, 2005. Edited to fit on one disk.
Two Video Modules Developed for the IEEE
- Electric Drives: Advanced Control & Encoder-less Operation Mohan, Ned Sponsored by: IEEE Power Electronics Society http://www.pels.org/ Publication Date: May-2006 Run Time: 1:00:00
- Electric Drives: Understanding Basics Mohan, Ned Sponsored by: IEEE Power Electronics Society http://www.pels.org/ Publication Date: Feb-2006 Run Time: 1:00:00
Tutorials at Major Conferences
Taught 29 tutorials at 18 major Annual Conferences of the IEEE and at 11 major non-IEEE Conferences (many co-sponsored by the IEEE).
Short Courses on DVDs (available at cost) from the University of Minnesota Bookstore:
- Short Course on Teaching Power Systems –I
- Short Course on Teaching Power Systems –II
- Short Course on Teaching Power Electronics
- Short Course on Electric Drives
UROP, Undergraduate Research Assistants, NSF-REU and NSF-RET
- Supervised UROP student project (J. P. Asta, 2004)
- Supervised undergraduate research assistants in the laboratory (Jay Vatassari, Martin Strum)
- Supervised students under NSF-REU, Research Experience for Undergraduates (Thandiwe Moyo, Matt Lampart-2005, Ariel Mercado – 2006, Jorge Cintron – 2006)
- Worked with high school teachers under NSF-RET, Research Experience for Teachers, (Mike Maas - 2005, Steve Pullar – 2005).
Workshops on Renewable Energy sponsored by NSF and Xcel Energy
- University of Minnesota, Oct 8-10, 2003
- University of Minnesota, Sept 30-Oct 1, 2004
- University of Minnesota, Dec 9, 2005
- University of Minnesota, 2006