University of Minnesota
Main navigation |
Home | ECE Support Home > Software
We install software for computer users. Below is a list of
software we install. Please understand that some software is
governed by strict licensing restrictions, and therefore we cannot
necessarily install all listed software on your computer.
If you would like to schedule a software installation, there are two options. You can either use the Software Center included in Windows or you can email us.
You may need to email us if the Software Center isn't working or you are not running Windows.
Please include the following on any email requests to us:
- The name or IP of the computer you use
- The room number of your computer
- Which software you would like installed
- Click Start
- Search For Software Center
3. Find your desired software and click "Install"
Engineering and related software
- Altium Designer
- Ansoft HFSS
- Visual Studio
- Adobe Acrobat Pro (must be purchased)
- Adobe Air
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader
- Macromedia Shockwave Player
- Mozilla Firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Microsoft Office 2010
- SSH Secure Shell Client and Server
- Symantec Endpoint Antivirus
- Windows XP
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise
- Red Hat Linux (Must be purchased)
The ECE Support team works to ensure the security and functionality
of ECE Department computer systems.
2-130 Keller Hall
200 Union ST SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Primary Support Line: 612-625-5013.